Are you ready to eat your way through Porto?
Everyone knows the city is gorgeous, but did you also know that it is delicious? We’ll show you the best of Porto’s famous sights in between sampling some of Porto’s best bites. This Porto tour is one you won’t want to miss.
Throughout this Porto city tour we’ll explore some of the city’s most beautiful sights, like balconies overlooking the river, unexplored streets and alleys, as well as popular taverns, markets, and cafes.
We’ll begin the feast that is this Porto food tour with a typically Portuguese habit: a with a “pastel de Nata” (custard tart), in a cafe that is more than 200 years old.
From there, we’ll taste and talk about the 1001 ways to prepare the “bacalhau” codfish, talk about the influence of our former colonies in our culture and cuisine, understand the connection we have with the river and sea, and learn about the Portuguese navigators and the tragedies Douro River.
Along the way you’ll sample a few authentic local specialties like bolinho de bacalhau (codfish), taste Portuguese comfort food such as a spicy pork sandwich, and be astonished by our mind-blowing cheese and smoked meats
We’ll finish off the tour with an outstanding port wine cocktail and we’ll make a toast to our beautiful city (come on, we wouldn’t take you on a tour of Porto and not share our world famous Port wine with you!).
- Guide expert with First Aid course;
- Liability Insurance and Personal Accident
- Tours in English
- Coffee & pastries, food and drinks
- VAT (IVA 23%)
- Minimum number of participants: 2
- Maximum participants: 12
- Duration: 3 hours
- Daily tours
- Time: 3pm
- Meeting Point: Capela das Almas (Souls Chapel), near Bolhão Metro Station exit on Santa Catarina Street (Rua de Santa Catarina 429-417, 4000-124 Porto)
- Finish Point: Tourism Office – Gustavo Eiffel Av. 280, near the D. Luis Bridge and Guindais Funicular