Walking Food Tour
The Portuguese gastronomy is the sum of many influences and culinary customs of other civilizations that passed through here. These influences have enriched our culinary habits and helped us to discover new products. Portugal has a Mediterranean and Atlantic kitchen full of products brought from all over the world.
What better way to discover the heart of a city and its people, to learn about the essential ingredients and their cultural heritage joining us and learning more about this rich and varied exceptionally kitchen, full of history and renowned for its quality.
This tour features a selection and variety of the best culinary delights that you will find in 5 different places in Porto. Walking through the most picturesque streets and the best places of its old town, you will discover the history of cuisine and traditional dishes as well as hear stories of some owners of “taverns” and more typical establishments.
Enjoy with us the flavours of Portuguese cuisine in some of the most traditional places and locations of Porto. Discover with us the story of “Francesinha”, the flavours and tragedies of Port Wine, the cult of coffee, and some stories of 1,001 different ways to prepare salted cod.
What this tour includes
- Liability and Personal Accident insurance
- Expresso and local pastry
- Vinho Verde and Codfish pastry
- Cured Cheeses and Meats from Portugal
- Bifana and Beer
- Port Wine Tasting (small producer)
- The tour lasts for 3 hours, from Mondays to Saturdays, at 10 am and 3pm.
- Dietary Requirements & Allergies: This tour is vegetarian friendly, but please note substitutions are not available for every dish. You must notify us of any dietary requirements prior to your tour date, same-day requests cannot be guaranteed
- Children between 0 and 3 years old: Free
- Children between 4 and 14 years old: 50% discount
- If you wish to enjoy a private tour there is an additional fee of €50 per tour.
If you’re looking for a similar walking experience, click here for more information.
Check out our customer reviews on Tripadvisor.